Marguerite Fowler has been with the Village since 2010. Prior to that she worked in various positions including in the banking industry. She holds an associate’s degree in Business Administration from Baker College.
“The treasurer of a village subject to this act shall, in each year, at and within the same time as required by the general laws of this state for the assessment of property in the townships of this state, make an assessment roll containing a description of all the real property and the aggregate amount of all the personal property liable under the laws of the state to taxation in the village, and the name of the owner, agent, or other person liable to pay taxes…” – General Law Village Act
What Does The Village Treasurer Do?
- Have the custody of all money, bonds other than official bonds filed with the clerk, mortgages, notes, leases, and evidences of value belonging to the village.
- Prepare and distribute tax bills. Receive all money belonging to, and receivable by the Village.
- Keep an account of all receipts and expenditures.
- Collect and keep an account of all taxes and money appropriated, raised, or received for each fund of the village, and keep a separate account of each fund.
- Pay check disbursement authorizations out of the particular fund raised for the purpose for which the disbursement was authorized.
- Monitors and disperses payroll distributions.
- Reconcile all bank accounts and investment funds.
- The treasurer shall take vouchers for all money paid from the treasury, showing the amount and fund from which payment was made.
- Upon settlement of the vouchers with the proper officers of the village, the treasurer shall file the vouchers with the clerk.
- The treasurer shall keep all village money in depository accounts authorized by law.
- The treasurer shall not use, either directly or indirectly, the village money, warrants, or evidences of debt for his or her own use or benefit, or that of any other person.
- Coordinate the preparation of documentation for annual fiscal year audit and/or other audits as required.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Village’s financial system.
- Assist with customers at office counter.
- Assist with daily phone calls to Village.
- Assist with seasonal programs and services.
- Perform related work as assigned by Village Manager.
WE NOW ACCEPT DEBIT AND CREDIT CARDS! A 3% CONVENIENCE FEE WILL BE APPLIED
Sign Up for Water Bill AutoPay FREE– Just Fill Out and Return This ACH Authorization Form With Requested Documentation:
Click HERE To Find Out More About Your Property Value and Taxes (SAGA)
Want to Pay Your Water Bill Online or See Your Tax Bill? Click HERE to go to the BS&A Software website where you will be able to create an account to view and pay your bills. A 3% convenience fee ($2 minimum) will be applied.
Contact Village Treasurer by Phone: 989-865-8287 or Click here to send an email