Directly from the Downtown Development Authority TIF Plan “the primary goal of the St. Charles Downtown Development Authority is to improve the quality of life in the district through proper planning and desirable public improvements. The general policy goals of the district are broad, all encompassing “ideals” and include:
- Improve the overall business climate of the district to deter economic decline and improve the tax base;
- Encourage the retention and expansion of employment opportunities;
- Maintain and improve public facilities;
- Provide guidance for compatible land use development within the district; and
- Improve the general appearance and visual amenities and preserve sites with unique design features or character.
The D.D.A. owns and operates the Goodrich Building located at 115 S Saginaw St., St. Charles, MI 48655. It is currently occupied by The St. Charles Coin Shop, Arnold Family Chiropractic and the Secretary of State.
The D.D.A. holds no outstanding contracts or retainers and all maintenance is done through the Village of St. Charles staff. Utility bills for water, sewer and electricity as well as any supplies that are needed for the building are billed to the Village and paid for with D.D.A. funds.
Seasonally the D.D.A. employs through the Village of St. Charles four part-time persons to water the flowers in town and maintain the weeds, parks and flower beds in town during the summer months.
D.D.A. Board Terms are Four-Year terms. Regular meetings on the first Friday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in the Village Council Chambers located at 110 W. Spruce St., St. Charles, MI 48655
- Hartmann Aue, D.D.A. Executive Director
- Richard Hoerner, Village President
- John Gerber 2020
- Bob Burns, Chairman 2020
- Julie Birchmeier 2022
- Sue Bare 2022
- Karen Wood 2022
- Joe Kline 2022
- Pam Ginderske 2022
- Kathy Westervelt 2020
- Jim Delemeester 2022
The October 4th, 2019 & November 1st, 2019 meetings will be Informational Meetings open to the public and taxing jurisdictions