Village of St. Charles

St. Charles Village Parks

Coal Miners’ Park in the 1000 block of North Saginaw Street has many recreational facilities.  There are two pavilions which can be reserved in June, July, and August.  The large pavilion holds approximately 75-100 people and the small pavilion holds approximately 35-70 people.  There is also a gazebo which can be reserved for events; however picnic tables and chairs are NOT allowed in the gazebo.  Fees are $60 for the large pavilion, and $40 for the small pavilion or the gazebo.

 

 

The trailhead for the Saginaw County Rail/Trail is located in Lumberjack Park, in the 400 block of East Water Street.  Lumberjack Park is on the bank of the South Branch of the Bad River, and has a picnic area and playground equipment. There are benches where you can sit and relax near the parking area for the Rail/Trail. Also near the trailhead is a historical marker commemorating the location of the first settler's log cabin in St. Charles.
 

There are basketball courts, baseball fields, a large playground area, a "ship", and a rollerblade/skateboarding rink and The Pines Disk Golf Course.  A one-mile paved walking path meanders through the park and connects to the over 9 mile long Saginaw County Rail/Trail. The newest addition to the community park is a dog Park located in Coal Miners’ Park.

A map and scorecard for “The Pines” can be found here.

The Waterfowl Observatory houses many varieties of waterfowl in their natural habitat. It is open to the public year-round and has a new designation as a community park.

The water feature and pavilion in Lumberjack Park has been an excellent addition to our park features.

Visit our parks this summer!

Click here to see a map of Coal Miners’ Park

The Pines Disk Golf Course
Map & Scorecard