Jennifer Rosser-Nesbit has been with the Village since July 2018. She came to us after nearly a decade in the financial services industry. She has a bachelor’s degree in history with minor in political science from Saginaw Valley State University. She is a hometown girl, growing up in St. Charles and graduating from St. Charles High School.
"The office of clerk is a pivotal one, dealing with vital areas of village operation: records management, finances, and elections. The importance of recording and preserving the official action of the village’s legislative body cannot be overstated. Years from now all that will remain of the village documents will be these records." - MML General Law Village Handbook
What Does The VIllage Clerk Do?
- Attend and record minutes of all regular Village Council meetings and special meetings as required;
- Supervise the maintenance of all Village records including licenses, permits, contracts, official minutes of boards and commissions.
- Establish and oversee the implementation of a record retention program, which complies with State Law and/or local requirements.
- Certify all resolutions, ordinances, or other formal documents enacted by the Village Council.Coordinate and post public notices and ordinances as required.
- Prepare monthly finance reports to the Village Council for all Village funds.
- Review, process, and record all invoices and bills as submitted to and approved by the Village Council.
- Prepare financial reports for the DDA, as needed.
- Works with Village Treasurer to balance Village fund ledgers with bank statements.
- Process invoices Prepare and submit 1099 and W-9 forms as needed.
- Periodically review and recommend improvements to accounting practices and procedures for the Village.
- Administer the Oath of Office for elected and appointed officials as required.
- Coordinate the preparation of documentation for annual fiscal year audit and/or other audits as required.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Village’s financial system.
- Assist with customers at office counter.
- Assist with daily phone calls to Village.Assist with seasonal programs and services such as the St. Charles Farmers’ Marketplace.
- Perform related work as assigned by Village Manager.
NEED TO ACCESS PUBLIC DOCUMENTS? Click HERE to Access Our FOIA Policy and Request Forms
St. Charles Code of Ordinances Can Be Accessed Online by Clicking HERE
WANT ELECTIONS INFORMATION? Click HERE!
Click HERE to Access Council Minutes, Agendas and Recorded Audio
Contact Village Clerk By Phone; 989-865-8287; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org